Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winter Wonderland


I hear it's snowing in the northern areas of the world - or, if not actually snowing, it's cold. I grew up in Massachusetts, so I remember cold weather and snow. I used to have to stand at the school bus stop when it was 10 degrees below zero. I used to have snow suits, hats, mittens/gloves, wool socks, boots, ice skates, sleds - you know - all of the required winter gear.

The weather people tell us here that our temperatures are going to drop. Of course, that means that the daily highs will be in the mid to low 70's. Brrrr! When I was a child, I mocked my Arizona cousins when I'd hear they needed winter coats, because it was only going to get up to 60 degrees. In my defense, I was wearing shorts and t-shirts when we got to 60, so I didn't understand how they could be THAT cold.

I live in Phoenix now, so I kind of understand how they could be cold. My house is at 75 degrees as I write and my toes are frozen. It's all relative.

Above is a picture from my front yard, taken yesterday. Yep, my roses are blooming.

I AM GRATEFUL FOR ROSES IN DECEMBER!

No comments: